Attractions & Things To Do
A lot to offer
Looking for something to do in the Old Forge area? Here are some hints of the many attractions and activities that you might want to try.
- Timber Lane Lodge is located about half way between the villages of Old Forge and Inlet where numerous shopping experiences await you.
- Fishing - Lake Trout, Tiger Muskie, Bass, Walleye, Pike, Perch and other species.
- Old Forge Art Center - Special exhibits, events & workshops.
- Nearly every weekend some special event is being held.
- The area offers the full range of dining experiences from simple meals to gourmet dining.
- Hiking/climbing up Bald Mountain (two different trails).
- Take a ride up the McCauley Mountain chair lift.
- Enchanted Forest - Water Safari.
- White water rafting and trips.
- Scenic Adirondack train rides.
- All types of water related activities.
- Cruise the Fulton Chain on sightseeing and dinner cruise boats.
- Ride the mailboat for this once in a life time opportunity.
- Horseback riding.
- Mountain Bike trails to explore.
- Scenic airplane rides are a unique way to view the area.
- Numerous concerts are held throughout the summer.
- Golf - TWO excellent 18-hole courses within 6 miles of Timber Lane Lodge.
- Visit the Adirondack Museum at Blue Mountain Lake.
- Swimming, water skiing and boating are always a lot of fun.
- View the fall foliage - the colors are always spectacular.
- After the Columbus Day weekend, the level of the Fulton Chain of Lakes is usually lowered over a several week period to minimize ice damage to docks and boat houses. This offers a unique view of the lake and it's shorelines.
- Snowmobiling - Old Forge is known as the "Snowmobile Capital of the East" due to it's above average amounts of snow and 700 miles of groomed snowmobile trails that are available.
- Cross country skiing.
- Down hill skiing (McCauley Mountain is only a 10 minute drive).
- Ice skating.